In this article, you will learn how Dispatch Connect updates to show completed stops and routes as the Driver completed their work for the day.
- Route was Sent to the Driver
- Driver can Complete a Pickup for the Route
- Driver can Complete a Delivery for the Route
- Edit a Route
Driver Completes a Pickup, Delivery, and Route
Once a Driver has received their route information, they can begin working the route by completing their pickups and fulfilling the deliveries.
When a driver completes each pickup or drop-off stop, the Connect Web App will update the status on the Dashboard and Delivery Management pages.
The possible Pickup statuses are either Picked Up or Not Picked Up. For the "Picked Up" status, this will only display on the Dashboard.
The possible Drop-off or Delivery statuses include: Unassigned, Assigned, Pending Pickup, Out for Delivery, Complete, or Canceled. These status updates are only visible on the Dashboard and the Delivery Management tabs.
The Dashboard Map will update the icons and route to show those completed stops.
View Completed Routes
As a Driver completes their last stop on the route, the route itself will be marked complete in the Connect Web App. The Vehicle will show a Completed Routes section with details for each route completed with that vehicle for the day.
Click on View to be taken to a list showing the deliveries completed on that route.
Create More Routes for the Day
After a route has been completed, the vehicle ‘resets’ and is available to complete another run. To begin building another route, add a new delivery to the vehicle.
Below are some scenarios you may experience as the Driver completes their route:
- Driver Completes a Pickup and the Associated Deliveries are Updated in the WebApp
- When a pickup stop is made, then the deliveries associated with that pickup move to the Out for Delivery status. If you have multiple pickups on your route, only the relevant deliveries will update.
- Driver Completes a Stop Out of Order
- Though you may have supplied the driver with a specific route, it is still possible for the driver to complete a stop out of order. This gives the driver flexibility in case of an unforeseen incident while out on the road. These status updates will be reflected on the Dashboard. If there are any issues with completing a route out of order, please work with your driver to remediate any issues and remember, you can edit the route to reorder based on changes that occur throughout your day.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Dispatch team member will reach out to you for support.