In this article, you will learn how to create and manage your deliveries within the Connect Settings and Dashboard pages.
Create a New Delivery
There are many ways in Connect to create a New Delivery:
- Create a Delivery from the Dashboard
- Create a Delivery from the Delivery Management Page
- Create a Delivery via the API
- Create a Delivery via Auto-Fill Integration
- Create a Delivery via Upload my Deliveries
From your Dashboard, you can create a new delivery by clicking on the New Delivery button above the map. The same New Delivery button can be found on the Delivery Management page.
Doing so will open the New Delivery Form where you can create and save a delivery. The New Delivery Form requests the following information:
- Reference ID : A unique identifier for the delivery
- Delivery Size: Size of the delivery
- Pickup Location : Where the delivery will be picked up and loaded on a vehicle
- Pickup Name & Company : Point of contact for the delivery at the pickup location
- Pickup Phone Number : Contact information for pickup point of contact
- Pickup Service Duration: The amount of time budgeted for the driver to spend at the pickup location
- Pickup Notes : Helpful pickup notes for the delivery
- Drop off Location : Use this
- Drop off Name & Company : Point of contact for the delivery at the drop-off location
- Drop off Phone Number : Contact information for drop-off point of contact
- Drop off Duration: The amount of time budgeted for the driver to spend at the drop-off location
- Drop off Notes : Helpful drop off notes for the delivery
- Recipient Notification - Email Addresses: Recipients who will receive delivery email notifications for the delivery
- Recipient Notification - SMS Phone Numbers: Recipients who will receive delivery SMS notifications for the delivery
- Schedule the Delivery - Pickup date and time window and Drop off time window: Date and time when the delivery needs to be completed by. Note, all times are in the user’s local time zone.
Review Delivery Details
Access information about a delivery quickly with the Delivery Detail Fly Out. On the Delivery Management page, click any delivery and a fly out will appear on the right side of the screen.
From this view, you can easily review the Delivery Details such as date, size, Pickup and Drop-Off information. Scrolling down on the Delivery Detail Fly Out will give you options to expand or collapse additional sections to see delivery History information, Vehicle assignment, Route, and Drop Off Details.
Edit a Delivery
From your Delivery Management page, you can edit an existing delivery by scrolling to the delivery you wish to edit, select the menu, and choose Edit Delivery.
Doing so will open the Edit Delivery Form where you can change the details for that delivery. Note, depending on the status of a delivery, not all fields may be editable. You can also access the Edit Delivery Form by clicking Edit on the Delivery Detailed fly out.
- All fields are editable when a delivery is in a status of Unassigned, Assigned, Pending Pickup, and Incomplete.
- All fields, except Pickup Contact fields, are editable when the delivery is in a status of Out for Delivery.
- No fields are editable when a delivery is in a status of Complete or Canceled or when it is assigned to a route that is being optimized.
Select the Save button at the bottom of the form to complete the edit of your delivery and return to the previous screen.
Note that some edits you make will impact the route the delivery is assigned to, such as removing a delivery from a route, reordering a route, removing a delivery from Today’s Dashboard, etc. Ensure you check and update routes after editing deliveries assigned to routes.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com. A Dispatch team member will reach out to you for support.