In this article, you will learn how to create and manage your vehicles within the Connect Settings and Dashboard pages.
Solution: To be able to add a new vehicle to your account.
From your Connect Settings, you can create a new vehicle by scrolling to the Vehicle section and clicking on the Add Vehicle button.
Doing so will open the New Vehicle Form where you can create and save a vehicle. The New Vehicle Form contains the following information that can be populated:
- Vehicle route color: Select a color to associate with the vehicle. This will show on the Dashboard page as the vehicle’s route on the map.
- Vehicle name: Choose a unique name that will identify the vehicle from others in the system. This could be one of or a combination of make, model, license plate number, VIN, etc.
- Vehicle type: Use this field to identify and notate the type of vehicle this is. Some examples include: van, box truck, flatbed, etc.
- Max units per vehicle: Set the capacity, or the number of units that could be hauled in the vehicle.
- Notes (optional): Leverage this notes field to add any specific information you find necessary about the vehicle to aid your day to day.
Upload Vehicle Photos
In Connect Settings you can upload photos of your vehicles when you Create Vehicle. This will be shared with your customers on the recipient-facing delivery status page.
Once you have populated the New Vehicle Form, select the Save button to complete the creation of your vehicle and return to the Connect Settings page.
Edit a Vehicle
From your Connect Settings, you can edit an existing vehicle by scrolling to the Vehicle section and clicking on the Edit (pencil) icon.
Doing so will open the Edit Vehicle Form where you can change any of the details for that vehicle. Select the Save button at the bottom of the form to complete the edit of your vehicle and return to the Connect Settings page.
Delete a Vehicle
From your Connect Settings, you can delete an existing vehicle by scrolling to the Vehicle section and clicking on the Edit icon. Doing so will open the Edit Vehicle Form where you have the option to delete that vehicle from the system. Select the Delete button at the bottom of the form to delete the vehicle and remove it from you Connect platform.
Make a Vehicle Active for the Day
Once you have at least one vehicle set up in your Connect Settings, that vehicle will appear on your Dashboard page. You can toggle the vehicle as Active or Inactive.
An Active vehicle means that vehicle will be used for the day. A driver can be assigned, and deliveries can be added to that vehicle to create a route.
An Inactive vehicle means that vehicle will not be used for the day. A driver cannot be assigned and deliveries cannot be added to that vehicle to create a route.
An Active vehicle can be made inactive throughout the day and your planning activities, but a vehicle cannot be made inactive if there is an active route being driven. If you inactivate a vehicle, all deliveries currently assigned to it will be removed.
Vehicle Limits Based on Subscription Plans
The number of vehicles that you can create within Connect is dependent on your Connect Subscription Plan. To learn more, visit this page.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Dispatch team member will reach out to you for support.