In this article, you will learn how to edit route details for a route that has already been shared with a driver.
- Route was Sent to the Driver
- Driver can View Routes and Deliveries Assigned to Them
- Drivers can receive Mobile App Notifications for Route Changes
Editing a Route
After a route has been sent to the driver, you can still make changes to the route. Within the Route section on the Dashboard, click Edit on the route you’d like to update to enter an ‘editing’ state.
Within the editing state, you can do the following:
- Use drag and drop to reorder your incomplete stops on the route. You cannot reorder your completed stops.
- See the route changes as you edit in real-time on the map.
- Re-assign a delivery from the route to a different route.
- Remove a delivery from the route.
- Select Cancel Edit to revert your edits to the previously saved route.
- Select Send to Driver when you are ready to share the route updates with the assigned driver. Remember, they will receive a notification informing of changes within the mobile application.
Add a Delivery to a Route that is En Route
As the driver is en route making deliveries, you can continue to add deliveries and stops to the route. From the Today’s Deliveries section on the Dashboard, click Select Vehicle to assign the delivery to a vehicle and route.
If the selected vehicle is en route, the route will be pushed into the ‘editing’ state and the delivery will be added to the end of the route.
From here, you can reorder the route and Send to Driver to inform your driver of a change or update made to their route.
If you select Cancel Edit after adding a new stop, that stop will be removed from the route and you will be reverted back to your last saved route.
Optimizing a Route that is En Route
If a route has at least one stop completed, the Optimize My Route button will no longer be available. For Professional Tier customers, the Plan My Routes will not consider the vehicle as available for new deliveries.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com. A Dispatch team member will reach out to you for support.