In this article, you will learn how to request a user account and sign in to the Dispatch Connect Web Application.
Solution: Provides you with the ability to create users as needed and the ability to limit permissions as needed.
- In order to create a Dispatch Connect User account, you first must have purchased a subscription. Click here to learn more.
Creating a Dispatch Connect User Account
Once you have signed up for your Connect Subscription and have admin access, you can create new users in the Connect Settings.
Click on Add User to get started.
You'll need the following information for new user setup:
- Organization Name
- User’s First and Last Name
- User’s Email Address
- User’s Phone Number
- Will this user need to access the Mobile App as a Driver? Yes or No
- An optional photo of the user. If the user is a driver, this photo will be shown to anyone who receives delivery notifications.
You will also be required to set permission levels for all your users.
Permission options include:
- Administrator: can adjust settings and complete any actions available in their Connect account
- User: create and schedule deliveries only
- Read-only: can view everything but doesn’t have adding or editing privileges
If you are setting up a driver (Check the Connect Driver box), you can add their photo. This way they know who they can expect to drop off their delivery.
Once complete, the new user will receive a password reset via the email address provided in Connect.
Editing a User
From the list of users section, there is a pencil icon to the left of the users. Click this to edit any information.
Deleting a user
As of right now, if you need to delete a user, you must reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org who will complete this process for you.
Receiving User Credentials & Login
The user must use the url link provided in the email to reset their password to obtain Connect access. Once their password has been successfully reset, the user can login.
Creating a Dispatch Connect Driver
A Connect Driver is permission layered on a Connect User Account. This role can be provisioned by an administrator prior to the driver setting a password and logging into the mobile application.
To successfully provide this permission, the user’s email address cannot already be associated with a Dispatch Marketplace Driver profile (meaning, the user cannot use the same email for Connect as they do driving for Dispatch as an independent contractor).
If you have questions or need help, please contact us at email@example.com. A Dispatch team member will reach out to you for support.